Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Coneflowers

This card features one of the many versions of the Spotlighting Technique. It's very easy and a simple one to make.

I stamped the beautiful coneflower image from Serendipity Stamps, almost a local stamp company in Smithville, Missouri, using StazOn Jet Black ink on white cardstock. Then, on a piece of Mah Jong tile, I stamped part of the coneflower image again, also with StazOn ink (or you can try heat embossing the image). I then coloured in the open area with PearlEx and Future Floor Finish aka - PearlEx Gets Floored technique from the June '03 TJ Newsletter. After I finished colouring in the image, I lined up and adhered the game piece to the main image. And that's pretty much it. I stippled the edges of the white cardstock with lilac coloured ink.

The colour on the petals looks too blue on the photo. It actually has the lilac tint to it in real life, honest! :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey