Sunday, September 23, 2007

Anti-Static Bag

Love heat-embossing but not the strayed embossing powder around your image? Anti-static bag is the answer to help prevent the unwanted specs of embossing powder. I think you can purchase them at any craft store. But if you want to save a couple dollars by making your own, it is definitely feasible. I learned this tip from a stamping friend, Lyn of UK.

Here are the things you'll need:
1. CLEAN, old, not need anymore kinda Pantyhose.
2. Body Powder, Talcum, Talc, or Baby Powder, anything and any scent you may have on hand.



















Here's what you do:
1. Cut the leg part of the hose about 18" from the toe part.
2. Fill the toe part with the powder, about 1/2 cup worth of powder (or however big you'd like your bag to be).















3. Tie a knot at the opening where the powder is filled up to.










4. Flip the hose inside-out at the opening so you are doubling the layer of the hose.
5. Tie another knot as shown.










6. Repeat step 4 and 5 so you have 3-layer thick of pantyhose.
And now you have your anti-static bag for heat-embossing that has the most beautiful scent!

How to use the anti-static bag?
1. Rub the bag onto your cardstock make certain you cover the whole area.
2. Shake off any excess powder.
3. Stamp with your favorite embossing ink or VersaMark.
4. Emboss as you would normally do.
5. After the image is heated, wait till it cools down
and clean off the powder dust with soft cloth or paper towel. I use my son's CLEAN, old and holey sock.

Let me know if you have any question that I might not have covered in this post. Email me and I'll try my best to answer in a timely manner.

Until next time, Y'all have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Meda said...

Oh, this is great! So there is a trick afterall! I'll steal one of my hubby's socks then :P

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey