Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shy Bear in a Shaker

Of leaving Thailand, one of the things I miss a lot is the ocean. Living here in Kansas, the closest beach is probably at least a good 12 hours drive from home. So, I made this card to fill the void and the yearning for the ocean inside me, you might say.

This card features an easy shaker the kind I like to make. No messing around with foam-cored board or foam tape and frame. I just used one cello bag large enough for the image and filled it with the theme of the card. The Shy Bear image is from I Brake for Stamps. Stamped with Memento - Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah paper and coloured in with Copic pens.


A close-up for you to see I put in my shaker the sand and the sea :) I coloured my star fishies with sharpies to keep the bold and bright theme for the card. Told ya, I am so ready for the cold to be over!


Until next time, may mojo live happily in your heart, and may passion bloom in your soul. Be well!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Manna this is gorgeous, I love the image and starfishes. I received my birthday card and goodies this morning, thank you so much.

Natalie x

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I may have to try something like it! Thanks for sharing.
Faye

Alex said...

This is too adorable Manna - love the colors and that sweet little image! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lou Sims said...

Love this card . . it is brilliant. So bright and you can feel the sunshine from all the way over here in the UK !

Maureen said...

You come on over and I'll take ya to the Jersey shore...
((()))reen

Gina said...

oh this is gorgeous Manna, lovely and bright, great colours too
Gina xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey