Saturday, December 8, 2007

Warmest Wishes

A quick one today because family is coming for early Christmas dinner.

Would you believe it if I told you this is the very first Christmas card I did after I found rubber stamping back in 2003? I made about eighty of these and thought they were pretty amazing *SIGH*. Hopefully, I have come a long way since then :) Stamp was by Stampin' Up! and was retired a couple of years back. How I did it was I cut a piece of 2"x2" cardstock, rubbed it all over with VersaMark and embossed with silver EP, while the melted EP still hot, I poured on some more EP and reheated it. I did that about three times and had it nice and fairly thick. Again, with the EP still hot and melty, I stamped right into it with my stamp. If and when I messed up and didn't quite get the whole image, I just remelted the EP and start over. Fairly forgiving if you ask me :) I didn't know what to call this technique so I decided to name it Reversed Embossing! I'm sure there is a proper name for it. But for now, I'll just stick with Reversed Embossing. Let me know if you know what it's properly called!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Manna,

for me it was always "that embossing thing" lol.

I since learned to call it triple embossing !!!!

Now, if I could just remember to call "the floor polish thing" caught in crystal I would be sorted, lololol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey