Friday, November 30, 2007

Hold a True Friend with Both Hands

One of my dear friends is going in for a breast biopsy today. They found some abnormality after the mammogram on Tuesday. And she is a little worried about what it might be. I told her I would be thinking of and lifting her up in prayers. And I am hoping this card would tell her that I'm thinking of and praying for her today.

Here's a tent card done with HVAC foil tape and acrylic paint. I started out by taping the foil tape to a sheet of cardboard cut from a cereal box. Then sanded the surface with sandpaper. I then applied light green acreylic paint to the sanded surface NOT covering the whole piece. Let dry and repeated the process with a darker acrylic paint. Let dry and I applied an off-white acrylic paint to the sureface. Then I sanded the painted surface with sandpaper again removing some of the paint. I sanded harder in some areas and lightly in some. Now, I have a weathered metal background. Trimmed, then stamped with VersaMark and embossed with detailed black EP. Stamp was by Past Time Stamps which I believe, is no longer in business. The sentiment, by QuietFire, was stamped on a round metal disc I found in my junk box. I have no idea where it came from or what it was for. But it sure came in handy!

Have a great Friday everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey