Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Home of the Truly Awesome!




















Is US of A really the home of the truly awesome? Coming from Thailand, I truly believe so! There is freedom here to do pretty much anything you want to it's scary because I believe in my heart of heart that NOT everything I am free to do is truly good for me. So, I need to remind myself and my Ty to do the right thing and choose wisely! Whatever we do with our tiny lives, one way or another, will effect us and those around us.

The background of this card was done using Fossil Stone aka Mono Printing technique. I purchased a clear report cover from Walmart. Open the cover up so you work on the inside of the front and back covers. Then I smooched my red ink pad on one side of the cover and try to get pretty good coverage. You can use more than one colours just make sure you don't muddy them up. Then closed the cover and rubbed the outside cover to create the almost "bubble" look to the cover. Opened it up again and put two pieces of glossy cardstock, glossy sides out, between the front and back covers. Closed the covers up and rubbed again. Removed my cardstock. And now I have my mono print or fossil stone background.

I stamped the image by Stampin' Up!, with StazOn Ultramarine ink, right on the finished background. I also stamped the saying with the same ink but on a piece of twill tape. The star was white craft ink on a scrap piece of blue cardstock, cut out and adhere to the twill tape.

Until next time and remember to choose wisely :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey