Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boy, King of the Road. Not!




















I have been working on Hardware Store challenge for our local stamp club. What fun it has been. Metal and hardware is something that always fascinates me. Working with stuff from the hardware store is definitely enjoyable.

I started out with a piece of metal flashing. I bought the flashing in a huge roll and cut into pieces with just a pair of old heavy duty scissors. I sanded the surface with sandpaper to remove the shine. I then wiped the flashing to get rid of extra dust from all the sanding and oil from my hands and buffed the piece with my homemade anti-static bag. Stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Tim Holtz's Walnut Distressed EP which gave it the sandpaper texture and feel. Boy stamp is by The Queen's Dresser Drawers (one of my favorite companies). King of the Road is, I believe, by B-Line Designs. After I finished stamping and embossing, I applied some colours using alcohol ink by Ranger. I adhered the flashing piece to the card base with red-line tape.

Notice I have one of the Watermarks for my pix? Nicole Seitler did them for me. She really does great work and at a very reasonable price. She is also very fast and efficient! If you need a watermark or a blog banner. She can do it for ya! Link to her site will be added shortly!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey