Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Faux Bleached !?!

I don't know for sure what this technique is called. But here's how it was done. I stamped images by the Angel Company called Charming Garden set with VersaMark ink on a piece of white cardstock. I then embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I just sprayed different colour washes onto the piece and let dry. With a hot iron and a piece of text weight paper over the stamped image, I ironed the embossed image to remove the embossing of the image. The embossing part is melted and absorbed onto the text weight paper. Then I stamped the verse and embossed with white EP. It does look like the images were bleached out. If you know what this technique is called, please let me know! TIA.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Manna, I think this technique is called 'faux batik'. Hope this helps! Hugs,
Niki

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey