Thursday, May 1, 2008

Friends are the Family

OK, let's try Erin's challenge again. This time I think I got all of the requirements, down to the sparkly stuff although only a little.

Use some patterned paper, a horizontal element or two, TWO stamps only (sentiment and something else) and some dimensional pop dots or something to give dimension to your art, oh and don't forget... add something sparkly!

And here again is the sketch.

Here's my card. Main image is from Paperbag Studio stamped with Walnut Stain Distressed © ink. Sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, same ink! Paper is Basic Gray.


This is the close up for the sparkly stuff. There is this little flower on the littler lass' shirt. So I added a little red glitters and a rhinestone. And if you notice, there is gold shimmer stuff that I brushed across the whole thing with Peerless Gold Shimmer.

That's all, folks! I'm off to work!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

What a gorgeus card Manna, great image and I love the sentiment. x

mE said...

Hi Manna!

I love BOTH of your cards!! Don't stress too much about the "requirements"... on my non "contest" sketch challenges, they are just to help us stretch our creativity a little and maybe get out of our comfort zone and try something new.

I love both thte cards, but the blue bird card is really stunning to me.

Thank you so much for playing along!

Inky Smiles,
Erin

Wendy said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! Love the layering of the papers under the image....that looks so cool!

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Jen Glover said...

THIS is GORGEOUS! This is one of my favorites you have done! LOVE it!!!!!!! You should submit to Basic Grey's gallery and see if they will accept it! Beautiful Cutie!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey