Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Zia's Project

Finished Piece: 10" x 16"


I did this when I took a class from Zena Clark of Stamp Zia. She is an incredible artist. Her stamps are beautiful and large. Her use of colours is totally amazing. Check out her work, you will know what I mean!

This piece was done on watercolour paper and it used a lot of colour washes that she carries. The butterflies and scribble stamps are also by her. When we were done, many people cut there pieces down and re-arranged them smaller pieces to create an arty paper quilt. I couldn't bare to cut mine apart bacuase I just so loved the way it looked as it was. And this is how I finished mine off. It was a whole lotta fun doing this piece.

Have a blessed day!

13 comments:

Amber Porter said...

This is really pretty, Manna.

Tonya Williams jmwtlw@sbcglobal.net said...

manna I agree that Zia is a very interesting artist. She didn't like me chaning my outcome for the class in that I deviated a bit with my art work...but I love your sample it is beautiful!
TOnya

Natalie said...

This is so lovely Manna. x

Alex said...

Gorgeous Manna - love all the colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Gina said...

what stunning colours, I could not cut it up either, it makes such a unique card :)
Gina xx

suzann said...

Holy Cow! This is just breathtakingly beautiful. The colors are incredible. You should be extremely proud of this because you did an awesome job!

Debbie Yates said...

Way cool...I love the colors....like you I could not have cut it up! Great job!

Suzanne said...

Oh Manna this is stunning the colours are just gorgeous.. I wouldn't know where to start!!! Sue :o)

Carol said...

Fabulous colors, gorgeous card. Glad you didn't cut it up. Sounds like a great class.

jjcreations said...

This card is so bright and beautiful. I love all the butterflies. Joan

Louise F NZ said...

This is so gorgeous! absolutely stunning! I can so see why you didn't want to cut your panel.

Meda said...

Wow, I love all those colors! I would't dare use so many. Of course I love the butterflies!

Kim Marie said...

It is breathtaking!! I'm glad you didn't cut it...it's so beautiful! It looks perfect the way you finished it off! Artwork!
:)
Kim Marie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey