Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Simple Invitation

Last weekend was pretty crazy. There were two birthday parties, and one was my son's Big 8. So, there were many cupcakes to make and presents to wrap. There were a lot more that went on but I couldn't even tell you now what they all were.

I also whipped up about 30 of these most of Saturday (they were needed for the next day). It's an invitation for a Women's Banquet. I didn't find out there were certain colours (silver & gold) that I had to work with until Thursday morning. I had one design done with totally different colour scheme. So, I scrambled like crazy to come up with the new design. And here it is.

The base was brushed gold cardstock. The lower portion of the card was brushed silver that was embossed with the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The scalloped & oval pieces were done using Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies. Sentiment, by Stampin' Up!, was stamped and embossed with black detailed EP. It's as simple as that! Hope you like!

Thanks for looking and have a great day, y'all!

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

It's very elegant and the embossing looks fantastic!

Suzanne said...

Lovely simple card.. two of my favourite crafting things at the moment nestabilities and cuttlebug love them both!! Sue :o)

Natalie said...

Very elegant. x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey