Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Poppy, Anyone?




















The background of this card is called Heated Pearls. I started out with a piece of black cardstock, applied white school glue all over the piece with my finger. Then I dumped some PearlEx mica powder into the glue surface. With my finger, I pounced and moved and worked the powder into the glue. Once I kinda liked what I see, I used a heat gun and heat the whole surface with it. The glue was cooked and bubbled and this process helped seal in the PearlEx. This technique creates a very textured surface, is very messy and fun. For this card was just one colour PearlEx. But you can definitely use more than one. I have more background done in different colours that I can show you later after I finish turning them into cards.

The poppy image was stamped ages ago at my local stamp club meeting. So, I have no idea who made it. I coloured the image with PearlEx and floor wax. There are actually two parts to the image. The one you see here is the top image which also is a magnet piece. Once you remove the top image, there is another of the same image that is permanently adhered to the Heated Pearls background with the other piece of magnet hidden behind it. So, in a nutshell, the recipient of this card if there is ever one, can use the top magnetic image on the fridge or other metal surface for eye candy and still have a nice complete card to look at. Hope I haven't completely confused any of you. Any question, just ask away!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Anton, my Monkey